Twitter

Tuesday 21 December 2010

giving

I love giving present when I think I've found something that will be really appreciate by the receiver. When you know that what you ahve given will be well used and not just sit in a cupboard and then after a few years be given away to someone else or go to charity shops. But it takes time to find that perfect gift, and it is not always easy to find. Especially if your budget is limiting you.

There has been a couple of times where I've thought I found a great gift that was very useful and then when the person opened it the reaction wasn't exactly what I expect. It makes me question - do I really know this person that well? Was I assuming that this person likes and needs the things that I like and want? An example of this is a gift I bought for my mother - I'm not sure what it is called in English but in Swedish we call it "noppmaskin" (it cuts of all the "lumps" on knitted wollen sweaters.) I thoguht it was genious and I've always wanted one my self but I don't think my mother has used it once...




We'll see if I can repeat the success this Christmas :)

No comments: